Windows 10 refined and expanded an idea that was already present in Windows 8, the Windows Store. Initially it was still acerbic, gradually over time it has been populated with many applications, but there are problems. Let’s see how to fix them Errors found using the Windows Store can be really many, in this article we will see a general procedure that can be as complete as possible.
Nb. don’t get scared, normally performing the first 4-5 steps the problem is solved
Update 1803 and Windows Store
As many users are reporting in the Microsoft Community, there are issues with the latest update released by Microsoft (version 1803) and the Windows Store. The solution to this problem is very simple:
- Open the Windows Store
- click on the icon of our Microsoft account in the top right
- we’ll see the page for our account you’re using
- we choose the voice DISCONNETTI
After that we can re-connect our Microsoft account, otherwise continue with the solutions suggested below.
Windows Update, VPN Connections, and Antivirus
The first step to fix problems with the Store is to verify that your system is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft, to do this we open the Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update, installing the proposed updates. The second step is to disable any VPN connections you are using, as they can prevent Microsoft servers from reaching or interfering with the connection. Another important step is to temporarily disable any third-party antivirus, which obviously does not apply to the Windows Defender built into the system. If disabling the antivirus the problem disappears you need to remove it and, later, download the latest available version released by the manufacturer.
The list of available removals can be found in this wiki: Third-party antivirus removal tools/firewalls
Microsoft Tool Restore and Store Reset
The fourth recommended step is to download a tool made available by Microsoft that automatically checks and fixes problems found at the Store level and pre-installed applications. Of course, this is not a magic wand, but it solves many problems. There are additional manual steps that perform a Store reset, the first is to reset the cache:
WIN – R > type “wsreset.exe” and give enter
Otherwise, you can either re-register the Store with this Powershell command:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach -Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register ” ….. InstallLocation)-AppXManifest.xml”
that disable it and re-enable it, steps to which we have dedicated an article:
Another step is to go to the following route
Search for and delete the perUserCache_0 Folder In addition to this, it is useful to delete all the contents of the DeliveryOptimization folder that resides in the path C:-Windows-SoftwareDistribution
Windows cannot find ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches
We may see this error in our Windows Store, which in its entirety is exactly:
Windows cannot find ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again
to fix it, you need to run a Powershell command: WIN – X > command prompt as administrator > type
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot-WinStore-AppxManifest.xml
Check system settings and proxies
Other important steps are related to the system settings, especially for the date, time, and time zone you set. To do this from Settings > Date, Time and Language > let’s check the following aspects:
- time zone set in the correct area
- date and time are automatically corrected and updated
After this from the entry in the top right we open Additional Date, Time and International Settings, from here we open Language, check that it is set the correct one and that it is default. Same as what we do under Geographic Area and Location. As for proxies, however, we can launch a command directly from the command prompt as an administrator, typing:
netsh winhttp reset proxy
System file control, clean boot, and new account creation
The last steps are more generic as they are not only about the Store but about the whole system. To check the system files do so: WIN -X > command prompt as administrator > type SFC /SCANNOW give send In addition follow this wiki to apply a clean boot to the system: Clean Startup for Windows 8 – 8.1 – 10 If not even so the problem does not solve you can:
- create a new user account – start > settings > account > Family and other people > under Other people choose Add another user to this pc > choosing the entry “I don’t have this person’s login information” we will create a local account and log in later
- re-install your system without losing data and programs: How to re-install Windows 10 without losing data and programs
If we have specific errors displayed by the Store, do the following:
- 0x801901F7: Verify that the Windows Update service is up and running automatically
- 0x80072EFD: You must operate in the registry to resolve this error.
WIN – R > type regedit and give enter > look for the following key
Now right click on the Profiles key > choose Permissions > then select the “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries derived from this object” (as in image) Let’s OK and restart the system.
- 0x80072EFF : Enable TLS. Do the following:
WIN – R > type “inetcpl.cpl” and give send > Advanced > under the Security section make sure you have ticked the entries: USA TLS 1.0 /1.1/1.2 and give send Other articles related to Windows 10:
- How to update drivers correctly in Windows
- Cortana troubleshooting steps in Windows 10
- How to properly configure ransomware protection in Windows Defender
- How to troubleshoot the Windows Store in Windows 10
- How to disable and re-enable Windows Store in Windows 10
- How to change the default installation location for applications
- How to download the Windows 10 ISO without the Media Creation Tools
- How to re-install Windows 10 without losing data and programs
- How to check if our computer is compatible with Windows 10?
- Useful resources for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Vers. 1709)
- How does the Windows 10 upgrade process work?
- How to troubleshoot the Windows Store in Windows 10
Offrici un Caffè
Offri un caffè all'autore di questo post